Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cp butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup shortening

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*

2 teaspoons cream of tartar

1 teaspoon soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar

2 teaspoons cinnamon

Heat of to 400 degrees. Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and the eggs. Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.

Mix 5 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; roll ball in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from baking sheet.

*If using self-rising flour, omit cream of tartar, soda, and salt.

Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook, 1974

No comments: