Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Buffalo Chip Cookies

1 cup oleo or butter

1 cup shortening

1 box dark brown sugar

4 eggs

2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 cups plain flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 cups oatmeal

1 6 ounce package of chocolate chips

1 cups copped pecans or walnuts

2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

1 cup coconut (optional)

In a very large bowl, cream butter and shortening. Add brown sugar, eggs, white sugar, and vanilla. Sift and add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add oatmeal, then stir in the chocolate chips, nuts, Rise Krispies, and coconut. Use a large measuring spoon (approx. 1/4 cup) for batter per cookie. Put on an ungreased cookie sheet (9 cookies to 1 sheet). Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

No comments: