Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

1 ½ Cups Green Bell Pepper, chopped fine

1 ½ cups 5% white vinegar

6 ½ cups Sugar

*6 to 8 Jalapeno Peppers, minced ( I used 4 to 6 depending on size.)

½ Cup Red Bell Peppers, chopped fine

(Can substitute green bell peppers – red is for color)

1 Pouch Certo (Use only liquid Certo – Sure Jell will NOT work)

In heavy saucepan mix together all ingredients EXCEPT Certo. Bring to a rolling boil and boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add Certo, bring back to rolling boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Immediately pour into clean jars and seal with lids that have been placed in very hot water and are hot, so will seal better.

Some add a bit of green food coloring for color.

*I have NEVER used 8 Jalapeno Peppers – would be too much hot for us. Usually use 4 large ones with seeds, up to 6 small ones.

No comments: