Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Snowy Mashed Potatoe Casserole

I got this recipe from my neighbor, Tiffany. She made it for Easter Dinner today, and it is REALLY yummy!!

Snowy Mashed Potato Casserole

4 lbs potatoes (12 medium)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c sour cream
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 /4 c chopped chives or 1/2 minced onion
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp butter or margarine

Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 min or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with electric mixer. Add cream cheese, sour cream, salt. pepper, and garlic. Beat at high speed until smooth and light. Stir in onion. Spoon into lightly greased 10 cup baking dish. Sprinkle w/ paprika and dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 30 min or until lightly golden and heated through.

No comments: