Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jello Cake

Someone asked me if I know how to make Jello Cake....and YESS!!! I love, love LOVE that stuff!!! So, here it is


Jello Cake

1 Cake Mix (any flavor except maybe chocolate)
Ingredients for cake mix (see box)
1 large or 2 small packages of Jello (any flavor)
1 16-oz tub of Cool Whip

Bake cake according to directions on box. Let cool slightly, but can still be warm to finish the cake. Mix Jello according to instructions on box. Using a spoon, stir the cake in a few places. You don't have to scoop the cake out, just kind of cut through it a little bit. The idea is to help the Jello absorb into the cake better. I usually to 10 or 12. Pour the hot Jello over the cake. Chill until Jello is set, or overnight. Top with Cool Whip when you are ready to serve.

Mmmm....yummy!!

Here are some Jello/Cake flavor combinations:

Vanilla Cake, Orange Jello - top with Mandarin Oranges
Vanilla Cake, Strawberry Jello - Top with fresh strawberries and/or blueberries
Coconut Cake, Raspberry Jello - Bake some coconut into the cake....this is my Mom's favorite. She calls it Zinger cake, because it tastes just like those Zinger snack cakes you can buy

Pretty much, any cake mix will work for this, except maybe chocolate or yellow.

Happy Cooking!!

No comments: