Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight

Well....I'm having my first dinner party tonight at the new apartment, so I decided to make some of my favorite foods -- BBQ Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Salad, and this really YUMMY and very rich chocolate cake that I absolutely LOVE!! We don't get to make it at home very often, because Joshua is allergic to peanuts.

So, without further ado -- here it is....
(DA DUM DA DAAAAAAAAA)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight
1 Chocolate Cake mix
1 Egg
1 fourth Cup Milk
1 half Cup Butter, Softened
1 Cup Sugar
8 Oz Cream Cheese, Softened
1 Cup creamy peanut
16 Oz Cool Whip, divided
butter
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Chocolate Chips Nuts (optional)
14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk


Mix cake mix, egg, milk, and butter. Bake in a 9x13 greased pan at 350 approximately 25 minutes, or until almost set. Let cool. Mix cream cheese, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla until creamy. Fold in half of the cool whip. Spread on top of cake mixture. Spread remaining cool whip on top. Melt chocolate chips with 1 tbsp butter and a dash of vanilla. Drizzle on top. Note: Can add nuts to first and second layers if desired.

No comments: