Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

Ok -- here is a really yummy soup recipe. I've been thinking about making it for a while....yum!!
When we make this at my parent's house, we often make it with the Chicken and Wild Rice Soup....to give some variety. When I have people over for soup, I like to make two kinds. That way if someone doesn't like one kind, they will probably like the other one. If anyone was wondering, this is a Pampered Chef recipe.

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
½ Cup Chopped Carrots
½ Cup Chopped Onions
½ Red Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
14 ½ Oz Chicken Broth
2 Cups Cooked Chicken, diced
16 oz Alfredo Sauce

Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell peppers, and garlic in sauce pan. Add broth.; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender. Add chicken and alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through. Delicious served in bread bowls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great soup. Quick and easy and delicious. I sauteed the veggies with the raw chicken because I hadn't cooked it before. It was pretty good that way, too.