Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Soutwest Salsa

My friend Connie (SCS - cmc2stamp) sent me this FABULOUS salsa recipe. I can't wait to try it!

Thanks, Connie!

Connie's Salsa
1 habanero pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
1 medium white onion
12 Roma tomatoes
1-2 minced garlic cloves (optional)
24 oz tomato sauce
Juice from 2 limes
1 package of taco seasoning

Mince habanero with cilantro in food processor (if you do not have a food processor and want to make a chunkier salsa then put the habanero in a blender with some of the tomato sauce and blend until the pepper is VERY well minced). Add onion and tomatoes to the food processor and pulse until well chopped. Move contents of food processor to a large bowl. Add minced garlic cloves, tomato sauce, lime juice and seasoning packet. Mix well. Enjoy!!

No comments: