Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Skor Bar Cake

Ok....I have to say this is one of the most yummy desserts EVER in the whole wide world -- seriously. It's a cake, but more like a torte. AND....it's way better left over the second day.



Skor Bar Cake

1 chocolate cake mix
1 pint of whip cream (not whipped)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of cocoa
4 Skor bars (chocolate covered toffee bars)

Make cake mix according to directions. Put in 2 layer pans (circle or square) and bake until done. Cool. (When I bake in layer pans to make sure the cake comes out I put wax paper in the bottom. Trace around the outside of the pan on wax paper and then cut out and put in bottom of pan. Cakes come out perfect every time!)

In mixing bowl put whip cream, sugar and cocoa. DO NOT WHIP!!! You can stir it together a bit if you want, but don't mix it yet!! Stick it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. (Or whenever you remember it's there....whatever!) Take out and whip.Crush all 4 Skor bars. Take 3 of the crushed Skor bars and mix them into the chocolate whip cream.

Cut each cake layer in half horizontally, so now you have 4 layers of cake. Put one layer on a plate and smear chocolate whip cream over it. Don't put it on the sides--it's more of a torte. Put on another cake layer. Smear with whip cream. Repeat until all layers are on cake and have whip cream on them.

Sprinkle last crushed Skor bar over top of cake for decoration.

No comments: