Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Apple Pecan Stuffing

I am in charge of bringing stuffing for Christmas dinner. I've never made it before, so I was looking online for recipies. This sounds yummy!!

Apple Pecan Stuffing

1/4 cup melted butter
1 small onion, chopped, about 1/4 cup
1/2 cup chopped celery
8 slices soft white bread, torn into small pieces
1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chicken or turkey stock
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Preparation:Sauté chopped onion and celery in the butter. In a large bowl combine the onion mixture with the bread, apple and pecans. Beat together the chicken stock, egg, sage, salt and pepper; add to the bread mixture, mixing in gently. Place the mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole; cover with lid or foil and bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover the last 5 minutes of baking time.

No comments: