Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ho Ho Cake

Ho Ho Cake
.....shhh it's a secret..love Marilyn

1 Chocolate cake mix (dark or devils food)
1 Large vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
8 oz. Cool Whip
2 cups of confectioners sugar


1. Mix all ingredients and blend with electric mixer until smooth.
2. Immediately pour equal portions into 4 round prepared cake pans ( to prepare cake pans, I place a circle of parchment or waxed paper on the bottom of the pans and then grease pans. The batter will be thick. I usually tap mine a few times on the bottom to settle any bubbles.
3. Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
4. Let cake cool in pans for 5 minutes then remove.
5. For filling, mix with electric mixer until smooth
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
8 oz. Cool Whip
2 cups of confectioners sugar
6. After cake cools put one layer on a plate.( I usually put waxed paper just under the edges of the cake to keep the filing and icing from messing up the plate.) Put one-third of the filling on this layer and smooth over it. Repeat with the other layers ending with the fourth cake layer on the top.
7. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting. You can put a cherry in the middle of frosted cake for decoration.

No comments: