Welcome to my recipe blog! I started it when my brother, Mark, moved away and was in need of some recipes....or so I thought.... The goal is to post recipes that can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively. If you have something to contribute, please let me know and I will be glad to add it!!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Lolita MacAfee's Prize winning Pumpking Custard Crunch

olita McAfee's First-Prize-Winning Pumpkin Custard Crunch
Share
Today at 12:00am
Here it is! It is more of a pudding than a custard, but this is what I want to call it!

Let me know if you make it and what you think of my creation.

1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/2 c. half and half
1/4 c. corn starch
1/4 t. salt
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 t. pumpkin spice (I use Trader Joe's!) : )
2 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large saucepan combine cornstarch and salt. Gradually add evaporated milk and half and half. Add sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin and egg yolks. Stir in pumpkin pie spice. Stirring constantly bring to a boil over medium heat and boil one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour into a buttered 2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!

Crumb Crunch Topping
1 cup flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. butter, softened
Mix all ingredients well with a pastry blender.